We are getting ready for a big game here Saturday. Momma went to UCLA and daddy went to Stanford, and Wynston already prefers blue and gold. Gooo blue team. Anyhooters in the sake of tailgating - or if you are with infant - bbq’ing at your house and tailgating from your couch, I thought I would share a delightfully healthy and delicious paleo coconut chicken recipe.
I literally could eat this chicken everyday.
Paleo Coconut Chicken
- 1 package or about 1 pound of Trader Joe’s Organic Boneless Skinless Free Range Chicken Tenders (or you can cut up chicken breasts yourself)
- 1/2 cup of almond or coconut flour (I prefer almond)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of organic pasture raised heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Seasonings - sea salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and lemon pepper if you so choose (play around with seasonings)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse chicken
- Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil
- Set aside three bowls - one for the flour, one for the coconut and one for the 2 eggs beat together
- Dip chicken strip in the flour, then the egg mixture then the coconut and lay strip on cookie sheet (repeat until all are coated)
- Bake at 400 for about 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. I like mine a little more well done.
- Mix a little ketchup with cayenne pepper and dip away!
Nom nom nom. In other news.
Today I woke up, boobed the babe and sent him to cuddle with hubs so I could get on with T25 Day 4. Today was ab day, today was tough. Shaun T really does not mess around. 25 minutes he kicks my donk three ways sideways. I am LOVING this workout series and already feeling 600% better about my life, like I am doing something small but so good for my body and sanity everyday without apology.
I realize my last post may have seemed like I done lost it, but I haven’t, being a new mom, adjusting to my new role and body is just a process. A friend commented on that post that theme of her new life of being a mom is surrender. How wonderful, appropriate and fitting is that?
So today I am trying just that, surrendering to the fact that I don’t have control of my day and I just have to do what I can and make the little man happy. Seems to be going well so far.
I am off to surrender these toes and get a pedicure while Gramma watches the sleeping angel.
All my love! x to the ohhhh Whitters